Manufacturing and Process Development Engineer
My client, a medical device company based in Galway are hiring an NPD Manufacturing and Process Development Engineer to join their team. NPD Engineer will be responsible for development of both existing and new process technologies as required by new products and prototypes.
- Level 8 Engineering degree, or equivalent qualification
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Project Management and previous Team Lead responsibilities an advantage
- Strong technical background and capabilities
- Motivated to work on own initiative and the ability to make and implement decisions
- Knowledge of ISO and FDA compliance with an emphasis on validation
- Knowledge of Six-Sigma methodology, problem-solving tools and Lean Manufacturing principles
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems with innovative and cost-effective solutions
- Computer literate and familiar with all Office software packages
- Proven track record of excellent timekeeping & attendance is essential
- AutoCAD, Solidworks and Minitab experience preferable
- Knowledge of equipment, process and product validation processes, ability with statistical data analysis
- Previous experience of working within a medical device environment would be a distinct advantage
- Strong mechanical background with a good working knowledge of metals & plastics processing a distinct advantage
- Experience in the development of test methods and associated product testing
- Knowledge of change management in medical device environment is advantageous
Excellent Salary & Benefits.
For a confidential discussion and more information on this role, please contact Nicola Walsh.