- Reference: CJ46173
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Waterford
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- To effectively co-ordinate and manage the department so that the quality of work and the quality of service consistently meet the requirements of the organisation and the client.
- To effectively manage client project planning, set up and resources.
- To build and manage client relationships at an operational level. This will include communicating proposals, quotes, operational matters, and delivery of final product.
- To organise the scheduling of work and ensure that scheduled work is completed accurately and within agreed timelines.
- To ensure equipment and systems calibration / qualification schedules are adhered to.
- To ensure investigations and technical issues are completed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the MOS (management Operating System) and reporting performance as required.
- To achieve the financial targets of the section.
- To track and control section budget and spending.
- To collaborate with the other functions / departments as required to ensure that the efficiency and quality of work meets with organisational and client needs.
- To assist in identifying opportunities for project continuity and / or new business opportunities.
- To liaise with Sales so as that new opportunities are dealt with efficiently.
- To motivate the team to perform to a consistently high standard through staff training and development and continuous feedback on performance. Instil a culture of continuous improvement.
- To ensure that work is carried out safely in line with the organisation’s policies and the relevant legislation.
- To ensure that the work of the team is carried out in compliance with the organisations quality system. Ensure that quality documentation is generated and updated to reflect current best practice and that this is done in a timely way.
- To assist in the planning of required people resources and for selecting and recruiting the desired candidates.
- To assist in the planning of other resources e.g. equipment in line with budget requirements and ensure that that selected equipment is implemented in line with the organisations quality system requirements.
- To effectively communicate all business activities to senior management, as appropriate.
- To communicate well within the department and with other parts of the company.
- To assist in the organisation’s goal to reduce costs and to innovate new technologies that will help the organisation provide new and cost-effective services to our clients.
- To establish strong links with suppliers to develop new service offerings and diversify our services.
- Oversee the development and implementation of environmental, health and safety programs in the company. Works closely with the EHS Specialist to ensure that EHS policies and procedures are in place and maintained up to date to safeguard our employees and ensure compliance with the relevant EHS standards
- Be one of the company’s Ethics Advisers and deliver ethics training to new recruits and refresher training to all employees.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience cGMP analytical chemistry with at least 2/3 years at a senior level.
- Proven ability to effectively manage a growing section.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Well-organised, accurate, strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about quality and client service.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand clients’ requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry or equivalent
- Postgraduate qualification is desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!