Senior Microbiology Manager
Our Client, a multinational healthcare company located in Mayo are currently looking for a Senior Manager Microbiology to join their team. You will be responsible for planning, supervision and control of a Microbiology Laboratory.
- Managing microbial testing of raw materials, in-process and final products.
- Managing cleanroom and utilities microbial monitoring; ensuing cleanrooms operation as per design intent and utilities providing appropriate quality for product manufacture
- Ensuring the laboratory is operated in a safe manner
- Ensuing an effective quality management system is in place within the laboratory; ensuring appropriate root cause analysis is performed for any deviations and an appropriate investigation and impact assessment completed for any out of limits from within cleanrooms
- Support ongoing initiatives within the laboratory.
- Supporting and Coaching of Laboratory Supervisors and Technicians, providing motivation to the team and take appropriate corrective action on individual/team performance where required.
- Ensuring SOPS are followed and comply with industry requirements and industry best practices
- Ensure testing is completed in line with EP/USP and registered specifications
- Ensure effective recording, analysis and reporting of Micro KPIs ensuring issues impacting quality performance are addressed.
- Keeping up to date with industry best practices in terms of Microbiology testing and cleanroom monitoring
- Supporting contamination control strategies for cleanroom operation
- Perform assessments of personnel activities versus the SOP to ensure compliance
- Involved in corporate and regulatory audits
- Work closely with the production management team on site; providing assistance in investigation of contamination events and supporting batch assessment and CAPA
- Scientific Microbiological Qualification
- 5 years’ experience within Microbiology GMP environment
- 2 years’ experience in a management role
- Education and Experience
- Scientific Graduate and/or Microbiology Laboratory & Cleanroom Technical knowledge
- Strong background in Microbiology and Cleanroom operation
- Extensive knowledge of microbiology tasks and associated regulatory standards and guidance.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson on 0719140251 or email email@example.com