- Reference: CJ46138
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Great opportunity to join a growing organisation (approx. 100 employees in their Cork operation) initially as a Management Accountant with the potential of progressing to the role of Financial Controller in 12-18 months. Our client are looking to source an energetic and versatile Accountant with a “can do” attitude and previous people management skills. Experience in change initiatives and implementing controls and procedures would be essential.
Please contact Michael on 021-4911062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or a more detailed job spec.
This role will entail the management and development of a small finance team while ensuring accurate monthly reporting for the site. You will act as a key business partner, ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place and being adhered to, challenging where deemed necessary and ensuring all have a good understanding of the P&L and Balance Sheet, including the actions required to control costs and drive performance to enhance margin.
- Management and development of the finance team members.
- Ensure robust financial control and procedures are in place within the organisation.
- Preparation of the monthly financial reports, P&L and Balance sheet.
- Intercompany and bank month end reconciliations.
- Production and inventory/material variance analysis.
- Drive site gross margin, non-productive spend initiatives and working capital improvements.
- Preparing general ledger entries and supporting documentation and reconciliation of monthly GL and subledgers.
- Identify and drive improvements in accounting systems and processes.
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, Chartered) with 4+ years PQE.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining strong financial controls with proven ability to manage integration projects.
- Strong local legislation knowledge and cost accounting process/implementation experience.
- Previous experience & detailed knowledge of ERP systems.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels with the company.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael on 021 4911062 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!