An exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join a leading life sciences company based in Cork on an initial 12-month contract with great scope for extension/permanency.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for providing technical support to Media & Membrane Manufacturing Operations. The maintenance technician will execute all maintenance activities in support of production in a safe, cost-effective and environmentally sound manner, assuring capacity and achieving plant performance metrics.
- List of Equipment (non-exhaustive) consists of Powder Transfer Systems, Mix Vessels, Die extrusion, Membrane Web Handling systems, Annealing Ovens, Test machines, Solvent Recovery Units, Thermal Oxidisers, Heating and Cooling Systems, Chemical Store and Tank Farms.
- Responsible for setting up machines to produce product to the specified quality standards.
- Complete all necessary documentation as per cGMP.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance tasks.
- Make all necessary repairs.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained to the highest level and all repairs both internally and externally are inspected and accepted.
- Complete trouble-shooting for all Media/Membrane equipment & operational related issues
- Represent the maintenance team with regards to safety initiatives and practices to develop and maintain an injury free workplace.
- Work within a larger engineering team of mechanical and electrical resources including automation, calibrations, facilities, project and system engineers, with emphasis on performance, involvement, teamwork and personal development
- Utilize the ERP/CMMS system SAPNext , to ensure all maintenance activities executed through consistent application of a work order system.
- Relevant electrical trade or engineering qualification.
- Strong instrumentation ability / qualification also desirable.
- Strong electro-mechanical ability / qualification also desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working in a Med Device or Pharma manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems in a production environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.