The employer is an Irish startup Plastics manufacturing company that is passionate about the state of the environment and improving the sustainability of the plastics industry through their work.
Their vision is to make everyday life better by transforming the world’s products through sustainable innovation. Not only do they manufacture, but they also innovate, and they do so with sustainability at the core of their beliefs. Dreaming of a world where recycled products with high performance have become the norm, and being sustainable becomes a common way of life, they are working towards a bright future
The primary function of the Maintenance Technician is to work closely with the Production Manager and Process Engineers to develop, troubleshoot, standardise and improve existing production methods and procedures. you will also be involved in implementing a thorough preventative maintenance program across the Plant.
The Maintenace Technician will play a key role in the plant startup including working alongside machine providers to ensure a comprehensive understanding of machine set up.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Work with Production, Engineers, and Quality to troubleshoot process problems.
- Work with Production, Engineers, and Quality to identify and put in place permanent and effective technical solutions to improve OEE.
- Work in compliance with best practice H&S standards to ensure facilities equipment are maintained and operating correctly.
- Support development of production team personnel. Plan and provide technical support for team activities.
- Develop machine and auxiliary equipment modifications that result in a fast and accurate changeover.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of maintenance to improve OEE and reduce costs.
- Develop and manage maintenance spares – ensure an adequate supply of spares and develop a system to support supply.
- Carry out and document all repairs and maintenance activities to ensure compliance with all industry standards.
- Support and lead CAPA procedures and NCMR closures where appropriate.
- Support all New Product Introduction launches including new equipment design and purchase.
- Implement 5S activities to improve visual factory.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Ideally, you will have 2+ years’ experience in a similar quality position within a manufacturing facility. However, similar experience will also be considered.
- 2+ years experience in service and maintenance
- Level 6 qualification
- Polymers or related industry experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in lean manufacturing and six sigma (green belt preferred)
- Highly computer literate
- Must be able to work on own initiative, as well as in a team environment