An exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join a leading Medical Device company based in Cork on an initial 12-month contract with great scope for extension/permanency. This multinational company is a market leader in its field and has been based in Cork since 1998 with this role becoming available due to expansion taking place on-site.
- Work on Mechanical/Electronic troubleshooting, hardware/software interfacing.
- Responsible for machine performance and up time.
- Take responsibility for preventative maintenance procedures and routines in assigned process/es or area/s.
- Assists in implementing technical improvements.
- Responsible for identifying, sourcing and replenishment of all equipment spares.
- Perform equipment qualifications.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment changes and improvements.
- Interface with a variety of BSCL personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
- This position has the primary function of ensuring that equipment downtime is kept to a minimum.
- 2-5 years experience in a similar environment.
- Will consider Med Device/Pharma/Automation/Packaging backgrounds.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.