The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning and coordinating maintenance activity and overseeing the duties undertaken by the Maintenance Engineers. This will include effective planned maintenance and efficient reactive maintenance.
Maintenance Supervisor responsibilities:
- Develop and ensure effective implementation of the preventative maintenance plan.
- Ensure statutory inspections are carried out and all issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Service Contract vendors and ensure all visiting contractors carry out services to acceptable standards
- Develop and implement corrective action plans following surveys such as Infrared Thermographs and Vibration Analysis
- Carry out structured 5 Why and premature failure analysis (PFAs), logging events and findings and implementing corrective actions in a timely manner
- Lead and support structured continuous improvement initiatives
- Following repair/maintenance/installation ensure settings or calibrations are correct and report immediately any conditions that may impinge upon finished product quality
- Ensure machine histories and other maintenance records are updated as work is undertaken
- To co-ordinate and prioritise the work activities for shift personnel
- Coach and develop direct reports through regular one to ones and formal Performance review process
- Set clear standards, objectives, and expectations for each direct report and hold them accountable for delivery.
- Promote an effective cross-functional team approach.
- Map out and implement effective Personal Development Plans for all direct reports
- Lead the daily department DMS meeting and deliver monthly Tool Box Safety Talks, document and answer questions and feedback the issues raised to the Maintenance Manager.
- Hold regular “one-on-one” meetings with Maintenance Engineers to provide effective coaching, development and support to maximize engagement and performance
- Ensure routine and timely feedback to internal customers on the status of each process critical job particularly if the work may impact product throughput or quality.
- Ensure all engineering work activities are clearly documented
- Manage the Shift Engineers’ holiday requests.
Maintenance Supervisor requirements:
- Qualified in a Mechanical or Electrical Discipline
- Experience in a food/dairy manufacturing environment is essential
- Previous relevant experience maintaining and repairing a range of equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of manufacturing operations and processes
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing equipment, and of safety requirements in the maintenance and repair of same
- People management experience is essential
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Egan