Collins McNicholas is delighted to partner exclusively with Eviosys, A global manufacturing company based in Kildare that is currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Team lead as a part of their operations team. Eviosys is a new company, formed when KPS Capital Partners acquired the EMEA food and consumer packaging business of Crown Holdings Inc. Eviosys has 6,300 employees in 44 manufacturing facilities across 17 countries and is Europe’s largest manufacturer of steel and aluminum food packaging. The Irish Eviosys plant is located in Athy, Co. Kildare where they specialise in the production of high-quality metal packaging for the infant formula and clinical nutrition markets.
The Maintenance Team lead will be responsible for leading a team of electrical/mechanical engineers, driving continuous improvement projects across the site, and ensuring the highest quality standards are maintained across the department. It is an extremely exciting time to join the operations division as they have been granted funding to undergo a series of greenfield projects over the medium/long term. This allows the Manufacturing Engineer Lead to be granted full autonomy and ownership over their role and be a key driver in the successful delivery of each project along with their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Plan and implement maintenance strategy for the Athy site. Minimise unplanned maintenance and downtime. Develop weekly work schedules and oversee the work team as they develop and execute the daily schedules. Monitor and track preventive maintenance performance, resource utilization, and work order completion
- Coordinate the overall quality of the work team and demonstrate an understanding of quality standards
- Supervise all mechanical and electrical maintenance activities related to manufacturing process equipment
- Have direct reports of 6 to 10 maintenance engineers/co-ordinators, across mechanical, electrical, or multi-skilled disciplines.
- Foster a collaborative work environment by leading in problem-solving within the team and across functional areas - examples would include engaging the work team in discussions about new equipment with Engineering and Maintenance
- Oversee effective planned & preventative maintenance, to increase availability of production equipment, reduce downtime and sustain processes capability.
- Lead short to medium-term technological development activities and site projects.
- Manage short-term and medium-term improvements in the manufacturing process.
- Contribute and prepare the site repair budgets to ensure adequate controls and cost-effective expenditure.
- Support the delivery of training for unskilled employees as they transition to the roles of machine setter.
- Ensure safe working procedures are in operation based on appropriate risk assessment
- Be a proactive member of the EHS team
- Monitor and ensure overall adherence to Quality Standards. Ensure the team are trained and adhering to the VSP quality and local control plans.
- Ensure personnel and food safety risks associated with manufacturing are identified and managed in accordance with company and customer QA procedures.
- Support Quality team during CAPA investigation, Audits, and in implementing Quality processes.
- Collaborate with other functions/colleagues to resolve problems identified and generate innovative ideas for production improvements.
- Manage new products and process improvement projects, with the support of the management team.
- The successful candidate will be qualified in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience in an industrial production environment
- Proven competence in leading skilled people.
- Strong technical/ engineering skills or background
- Excellent computer (Microsoft Suite) and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
*FULL SPEC ON APPLICATION*
If you would like more information on this role you can contact Cathal Herron
(090) 645 0660