We currently have an open position for an experienced Maintenance Planner with a Medical Device Manufacturer in the North West.
This role will work closely with the Maintenance Team Lead, Cell Team Leaders, Managers and Technicians to schedule and plan all maintenance activities with available resources for all of the Operational areas. The role is responsible for implementing and delivering high level maintenance planning and scheduling within the team and supporting functions.
- Maintenance Scheduling, communications of plans and reporting on schedule adherence.
- Review maintenance processes, improve and streamline our systems.
- Support all aspects of the Production System and participate in team activities supporting this.
- Work with the Maintenance Lead to co-ordinate maintenance activities to deliver Overall Equipment Efficiency improvements.
- Work closely with Cell Team Leaders and Value Stream Managers to ensure work is prioritised and completed in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with Engineering for technical and project support.
- Set up of Standard Works and development of SMED principles.
- Plan and coordinate Preventative Maintenance activities including spares availability.
- Plan and coordinate Un-Planned Maintenance activities.
- Management and co-ordination of the CMMS System – Blue Mountain.
- Complete analysis of reliability issues while also developing and implementing plans to address.
- Set up relevant reports and Maintenance metrics using MI and supporting systems.
- Develop yearly, quarterly, monthly and weekly plans to enable completion of all planned maintenance actives in agreement with operations and supporting functions.
- Planning and co-ordination of shutdown and maintenance programs.
- Support all initiatives to improve/enhance a World Class Maintenance process.
- Apply operational excellence tools and techniques to continuously improve our processes and eliminate waste.
Essential Functions of the Role
- Experience of planning and scheduling asset care and the ability to set up an appropriate Maintenance system.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to prioritise accordingly.
- Problem-solving mindset with experience of continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills.
- Competency in TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) is an advantage.
Work Experience Requirements
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience in manufacturing and quality, working in a world class environment.
- Must be familiar with working in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computerised maintenance systems and reporting capability.
- Demonstrated experience of planning technical (Engineering/Maintenance and Preventative Maintenance) activities in a World Class Manufacturing facility.
- Asset care experience in an industrial environment would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in a Medical Device, Pharma, Food, chemical or other life sciences industry.
- Demonstrated experience of delivering enhancements and cost reductions in Maintenance activities
- Leaving Certificate or an equivalent qualification recognized by the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland.
- An Engineering Qualification or equivalent incorporating World Class Maintenance Practices.
- A Fás Mechanical Time-served Apprenticeship with Junior and Senior Trades optional
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge:
- Practical knowledge and experience of the application of maintenance planning / scheduling, preventative and predictive maintenance and SMED are required for the role
- Knowledge of the Maintenance hierarchy and the practical application of the techniques is required
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson on 0719140251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org