- Reference: CJ46204
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
The Maintenance Manager will have overall ownership and responsibility for Facilities and maintenance and uptime of manufacturing equipment and systems, overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes and systems and to drive inefficiencies and costs from the business through effective maintenance and executing long-term strategic plans.
This role will be responsible/assist with new hires, develops and carries out performance management reviews of team members to deliver the business objectives.
- Manage, develop and engage a maintenance technical services team to deliver on business requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring and delivering machine uptimes at each site in support of manufacturing to deliver on output, productivity, capacity and service needs.
- Responsibility for delivering the manufacturing equipment maintenance standards.
- Main contact point for anything that is manufacturing equipment maintenance or Facilities related.
- Responsible for representing maintenance function within site, at management reviews, supporting business needs working closely with Operations and Engineering and all other functions as necessary in supporting the business.
- Responsible for continuous improvement within the maintenance function to deliver functional excellence and attainment of specific key performance indicators.
- Responsible for stakeholder engagement through the use of appropriate channels of communication to ensure that stakeholders are aware of maintenance related activities, active participation at meetings.
- Maintenance process owner with responsibility for the creation and development of all manufacturing equipment maintenance related processes, systems and procedures across the site.
- Maintain and review preventive maintenance plans and procedures.
- Manage maintenance related non-conformances and Corrective Action Plans (CAPAs) to successful implementation and closure.
- Manages to an operational budget for manufacturing related equipment maintenance, spares, service contracts to deliver on financial commitments.
- Manage client direct outsourced contracts to include financial analysis and delivery of service based on KPI’s and SLA agreements.
- Responsible for identifying, implementing and delivering cost reductions year on year to significantly deliver for the site in achieving on cost reduction cogs to cogs commitments.
- Ensure compliance to site standards, e.g. EH&S, 6S and Quality Management Systems
- Ensures contractors and any third parties are trained to do their work and their training is documented, when working on manufacturing equipment.
- Responsible for review and sign-off of plant drawing change requests.
- Responsible for the provision of weekly/monthly reporting to the business
- Planning, preparation and participation in regulatory and compliance audits
- Plans strategically for the on-going support and changing needs of the business.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in engineering qualification, Mechanical or Electrical or equivalent is required.
- 5 years plus experience in maintenance/operations/engineering related functions in a regulated environment.
- Proven track record of results.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills with the ability to manage several priorities at once will be required as will a high level of flexibility with a high-level commitment to success.
- Strong knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing principles and practices.
- Passionate about delivery and customer service
- Financial acumen with demonstrated competence in managing budgets.
- A strong leader with a skill for engaging others.
- Excellent PC literacy skills required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make informed decisions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must possess a dynamic approach to achieving continuous improvement
- Customer focus management style
- Must be self-motivated and able to motivate, coach and mentor teams
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eloísa Ruiz on 021 4911066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!