At our clients Maintenance Workshop they focus on maintaining medical device manufacturing equipment to a high standard while ensuring regulatory compliance by following defined SOP’s. An opportunity to join & lead a high performing team on the Parkmore site has become available due to the current manager receiving a promotion. The Engineering Maintenance Manager leads the maintenance team responsible for the upkeep of our manufacturing equipment along with other activities to help ensure quality of our products, improve the efficiency of our systems, and reduce our manufacturing downtime.
Your Day to Day
- Responsible for leading the site workshop function and the operational equipment maintenance programmes for the site.
- Establish best in class systems and procedures for maintenance of operations electrical and mechanical equipment building on corrective, preventative plans to create a predictive maintenance strategy.
- Responsible for establishing systems and process to support the effective and timely management of engineering requests and project pipeline, tracking, metrics, KPI’s and communication to the engineering and operations functions.
- Manage the response to changing operations priorities through effective schedule and resource management.
- Leading and driving projects / sub-projects as necessary.
- Direct, develop and coach the workshop team consisting of direct reports developing talent through effective leadership. Including leading the ‘Apprenticeship Program’ in collaboration with HR for the Parkmore site.
- Responsible for ensuring work is carried out under GMP conditions, in line with site & corporate procedures and in a safe working environment.
- Ensure compliance with external and internal regulatory requirements by ensuring that proper documentation such as manufacturing PM’s and tech drawings specifications / procedures are in place and are being complied with.
- Provide overall technical direction to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the workshop and maintenance processes matching industry direction and pace.
- Monitor and evaluate actual performance versus plan and determine improvements to drive enhanced performance and department effectiveness.
- Develop and drive continuous improvement through A3 problem solving methodology and develop lean and six sigma expertise.
Qualifications - External
Key Skills & Experience
- Level 8 Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Science.
- 7+ years of Direct Engineering/Manufacturing relevant experience.
- Proven ability to deliver technical projects on time.
- Ability to deal multiple priorities, while adopting an organized approach to problem solving and issue resolution.
- Experience in automation and robotics is desirable
- Proficient in Drawings (SolidWorks) desirable.
- Experience with Change management (CO) and equipment documentation control desirable.
- We are looking for a dynamic team player who can work effectively and proactively as part of a team or on their own initiative.
For more information on this role and a confidential discussion on the company please contact Christopher O Toole