A global packaging company is keen to hire a Maintenance Engineer to join their team in Sligo.
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for managing maintenance activities. The Maintenance Engineer will assist with the delivery of all business KPIs and operational targets as needed to meet company goals.
Responsibilities (Full job description available on request):
- Act as a safety leader and put safety first in all responsibilities. The Maintenance Engineer will work in conjunction with the EHS coordinator.
- Responsible for maintenance of the plant and equipment. Ensure machines are in good working condition, including tooling and associated facilities, by scheduling timely and routine preventative maintenance to improve equipment reliability.
- Review of machines post maintenance with Process Operator prior to handing them back to production.
- Monitors spare parts and supply minimum and maximums to ensure a just-in-time inventory is maintained and obsolete parts are recommended for obsolescence in a timely manner.
- Supports the continuous improvement of the business, both process and performance by applying data analysis and Kaizen techniques.
- Support the CAPA process where customer complaints are related to machine issues the supporting the implementation of new processes suitable for cleanroom environment.
- A level 8 degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or similar with 1-2 years manufacturing experience, or alternatively at least 5 years experience within a maintenance role.
- Basic computer knowledge (especially in MS Word and Excel).
- Good mechanical and technical ability and aptitude/skills.
- Knowledge of Kiefel machines would be an advantage.
- Must have a positive, team-focused attitude and open-mindedness to new ideas.
- Flexibility is necessary and you may be requested to move between functions and work hours, work off shifts and/or weekends.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Flynn