Video for this job
Plant Maintenance Engineer – New start-up facility
Permanent opportunity – Meath Based.
Reporting to the Operations/Production Manager you will be part of the start-up team and be responsible for setting up the maintenance function and the following core objectives:
- The primary function of the Maintenance Engineer is the service, repair, maintenance and preventative maintenance of equipment in the production plant, which will include machinery such as conveyors, shredders, compressors, chillers, and high tech extrusion equipment, as well as PLCs, specifically. You will report to the Operations/Production Manager and liaise with the production team on an ongoing basis.
- To play a key role in the plant start-up including the development of maintenance plans for all equipment in line with OEM recommendations.
- To forge a collaborative partnership and close working relationships with all departments within the company
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Plan and execute maintenance activities.
- Maintain strong working relationships and communications with manufacturing and key equipment suppliers to the company.
- Proactively report product on a weekly and monthly basis all maintenance activities.
- Play an integral role in the production planning function of the company.
- Integrate the maintenance function into company ERP systems.
- Inventory Management: essential spare and wear parts
- Participate and contribute to monthly operations, planning and forecasting reviews.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ideally, you will have 2+ years’ experience in a similar service and maintenance position within a manufacturing facility. However, similar experience will also be considered.
- 2+ years experience in service and maintenance
- Ideally, you will be qualified in electrical or electronic engineering
- Exposure to PLCs
- Must be a clear communicator
- Must be able to work on own initiative, as well as in a team environment
Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills. Detail and goal oriented, has the flexibility to deal with multiple and changing priorities while focussed on customer service and quality. Ability to manage own time and workload, multi-tasking and managing conflicting priorities.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!