The Maintenance Electrician will provide electrical expertise to the Production and Engineering Departments where they will carry out electrical repairs and preventive maintenance on blow moulding and injection moulding machines and ancillary equipment minimising production downtime
Maintenance Electrician Key Responsibilities:
- The development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems.
- Automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance.
- Technical responsibility maintaining, developing, troubleshooting and validating the systems in a compliant manner.
- Specification and selection of equipment controls hardware, including PLCs, HMIs, control hardware, robotics, industrial network hardware, pneumatic hardware, motors, inverters, power supplies, safety hardware and process instrumentation.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the area of process and equipment development i.e. equipment / process control and monitoring. Provide support and programming for PLCs, motion control and PC controlled equipment.
- Build and develop contacts with external technical representatives, vendors agents etc
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation where relevant.
- Troubleshooting electrical, mechanical and material handling systems for blow moulding machines.
- Logging and reporting downtime/quality issues
- Supporting product, process and equipment analysis and improvement projects
- Working as member of a team to resolve open issues, drive process improvements in design, layout and operational performance
- Training and mentoring of Apprentice Electrician to successful completion of training programme
Engineering Group – work co-operatively with set-up, maintenance and toolroom to achieve production targets.
- Trades Craft Certificate
- At least 5 years previous experience as a Maintenance Electrician in a Manufacturing environment
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and team working skills
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Egan on 09064 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org