Machine Learning Engineer
We are delighted to be working in partnership with the NPD Group Global Market Research company. The NPD Group is excited to begin building their ICT Research Technology Lab in conjunction with the Athlone Institute of Technology. This lab will develop, test and optimise artificial intelligence strategies for real-time market and consumer data analysis. (You can read more about this initiative here.) In parallel to this work NPD are creating a Centre of Excellence, which will include a team of professionals solving real business problems and building new technology solutions through artificial intelligence, machine learning and mobile app engineering. This team is expected to grow and evolve over time.
As part of this effort we are seeking a Machine Learning Engineer. If successful, you will be integral to solving complex problems and building advanced solutions to achieve optimum results. You will be a key collaborator with multiple technology teams and commercial groups targeted with establishing scalable solutions to complex issues. You will develop, build and deploy code which will directly contribute to our company growth and the growth of our next generation platforms. As a machine learning expert, will need to be passionate about the application of models at scale. Using predictive models and optimization programs you will solve multifaceted challenges the business faces daily. These positions will be Hybrid, primarily remote in Ireland.
- Strategically craft and execute technical solutions. Identify technical weak points and implement fixes.
- Perform fixes and troubleshoot data quality issues, automate solutions driven by error logs, deploying machine learning where appropriate.
- Collaborate with Global Technology, commercial teams as well as AI/ML & data science staff to better understand data models and data ingestion requirements ensuring solutions are robust and integrated with a long-term view. Operate using an agile approach.
- Create and implement pipelines that facilitate the transfer of data from various sources, systems and databases efficiently.
- Automate an influx of data, build moldable solutions for data acquisition, ETL and machine learning pipelines using C#, Java, Objective-C, Python or other appropriate alternative.
- Develop cloud based and hybrid data warehouses and business intelligence platforms
- Influence and implement more efficient products identifying appropriate KPI thresholds, providing analysis, developing dashboards, and generating user documentation.
- Design and develop software tools in existing platforms and be responsible for design, coding, testing, debugging, generating documentation and successful deployment.
- Work closely with fellow engineers from other teams to design and develop cross functional data exchange microservices.
- Apply findings from research to help solve challenging product problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a technical field such as Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics etc.; advanced degree preferred.
- 5 - 7+ years Software Engineering experience Deep familiarity with Java or C# and one or more programming language
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures in knowing when and where to apply them
- Hands-on experience with big data; developing large scale enterprise data lake and analytical applications with Hadoop, Python, Spark and AWS services.
- Experience of agile development methodologies.
- SQL, ETL, scripting, and or programming skills with a preference towards Java, Python, C#
- Significant experience with machine learning and functional programing
- In depth knowledge of common ML algorithms, such as KNN, auto-encoders, SVMs, CNNs and RNNs.
- Comprehensive understanding of computer science such as algorithms, data structures and databases
- Expert writing clean and efficient code and hands on experience with machine learning libraries such as Sklearn, deep learning libraries like Tensorflow and Pytorch
- Demonstrated experience in architecture, engineering, and implementation of enterprise-grade production big data use cases
- Experience in Natural Language Processing or web scraping would be beneficial
- Eager to work in an agile/lean/simple environment
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new tools/software
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and analytical platforms
- Technical skills – data and visual analytics, design, creativity
- Problem solving – set priorities and process management
- Process/planning – perceptive and perseverance
- Communication skills – collaboration, presentation skills, internal/external relationship management, goal management.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Gillian Nicholson.