The Logistics Supervisor is primary contact in relation to all warehouse activities. Will have proven abilities with regards to Trade Compliance and regulatory matters, and manage the company’s relationships with all carriers for goods inwards and outwards. Leads and mentors the supply chain team function within the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with all international carriers, including the review of pricing and ensuring the best use of company assets
- Management of all Trade Compliance activities, including but not exclusive to commercial invoice creation, dispute resolution, customs clearance, liaising with Chambers’ of Commerce and business embassies
- Primary contact for site in relation to all goods inwards and outwards.
- Lead and motivate the warehouse team to deliver high levels of productivity and quality. The team includes inventory control, material handling, shipping and receiving.
- Responsible for staffing of critical end-of-quarter activities: multiple carriers and customers all moving materials within a constrained time period.
- Provide on-going training, development and feedback via coaching and counselling to all warehouse employees.
- Develops and maintains ISO procedures for the department.
- Develops and enhances all warehouse processes and procedures.
- Maintains overall stockroom integrity by monitoring all material movement and inventory transactions.
- Responsible for maintaining stockroom organization to achieve a clean & safe work environment.
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving abilities.
- Leadership ability to guide and mentor direct reports, prioritize workloads, fill projects quickly and handle a steady workflow.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word. Ability to use shipping related software applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Primary degree in Supply Chain Management or Business related discipline.
- 2 to 3 years in a supervisory position within Manufacturing.
- Trade Complinace qualification or equivalent experience.