Title: Logistics Operations Supervisor
My client is looking to hire an experienced Terminal Operations Supervisor to manage day to day operations of the Terminal activity.
- Supervising port operations, ensuring efficient operations are in place across the stevedoring & port services team to ensure the best mix of in-house and outsourced services are deployed, achieving best balance between customer service and cost-to-serve.
- Ensuring safe operations are part of the culture and processes, taking a lead supervisory role ensuring staff and port users are always compliant with all EHS and operational policies/ procedures
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Assisting with the training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress
- Managing inbound/outbound stock at the port/yard/warehouse with focus on inventory, cost, and service. Working closely with the port services team to ensure resource is in place to manage volumes and throughput.
- Keeping stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
- Using space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently, making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met
- Coordinating the allocation of resources to customers and port users, eg cranage, hoppers, berthing time.
- Dealing with day to day queries from stevedores and customers,
- Ensuring capabilities and resources are balanced to meet both variable business demands and budget parameters.
- Having a clear understanding of the company’s policies and vision and how day-to-day activities contribute to these
- Coordinating the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary
- Completing and submitting EHS forms such as PTW and incident forms
- Returning completed PEMAC work orders
- Maintaining files and records strictly in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Producing regular reports, statistics and draft procedures as required, eg damage reports, operational procedures.
- Supporting the Port Services Manager and contributing on potential tenders, suppliers’ agreements and contracts, making an input into future operational capacity requirements.
- Supervision experience in a supply-chain environment
- Supply-chain management experience
- Relevant experience in report-writing and administrative tasks
- Well-developed PC skills, especially in the use of Excel
- Strong EHS focus and the ability to incorporate this into operational activities
- The ability to manage workloads and priorities (own and team).
- Numerate with ability to understand and analyse data to improve operations.
- Strong communication skills to manage the internal and external stakeholder expectations, negotiate with suppliers/stakeholders when required.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes when the job demands it.
- All applicants require existing EU working entitlement and a current full (Minimum Category B) Irish/EU Driving Licence
For a full job description or for a confidential discussion on this role please send your CV to email@example.com