Logistics Manager Duties:
- Member of Site Management Team.
- Management of Logistics / SAP ERP / Continuous Improvement.
- Lead, direct and develop the Logistics Operations on the site.
- Develop and manage the Logistics system to support the business from a strategic and operational viewpoint.
- Build and manage customer relationships at both strategic and operational level.
- Motivate and manage employees to ensure organizational goals are met.
- Management of Supply Chain Interfaces with customers and suppliers.
- High-level understanding of SIOP (Sales Inventory Operations process).
- Representing the Logistics Department in customer meetings and third-party audits.
- Management oversight of the Build Plan Process with the Logistics & Production Teams.
- Managing 4 direct reports and 6 indirect reports.
- Own facility layout and design projects with the Production Teams, Facilities and Engineering teams (as directed by site).
- Initiate, lead and champion lean projects (i.e. Lean Production, Lean Support and Born Lean) with the Assembly & Moulding Production areas, Engineering and support functions.
- Drive the ongoing introduction and advancement of lean manufacturing culture, principles and practices across the site and work with Production Teams to create the Lean vision for the site.
- Constantly promote, educate and instil the culture of waste identification and elimination throughout the plant in manufacturing and support areas.
- Coordinate and lead general engineering tasks, which may include: creating and updating standards, maintaining BOMS and routers and leading site projects that are part of the business development plan.
- Develop and conduct Lean training programs for employees at all levels and departments.
- Create, maintain and refine a Lean toolkit that can include: 5S, Kaizen, TPM, quick change over, value stream mapping, & Quality Engineering.
- Promote cross-functional and inter-site teamwork to accomplish shared objectives
Qualification and Other Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience.
- 5 + years’ experience in a similar role preferably in a manufacturing operation.
- Lean /Six-sigma qualification an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of the principles of 5S, SMED, and Kaizen an advantage.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Good knowledge of cost and project management.
- Development of internal processes, procedures and policies.
- Experience in managing costs against departmental budgets.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Management of diverse groups, strong delegation skills, coaching skills.
- Strong problem-solving skill with strong attention to detail.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Celia Moloney on 091 706719 or email Celia.Moloney@collinsmcnicholas.ie