Video for this job
The Logistics Manager will lead the Logistics team to meet and exceed all required Health, Safety and Environmental requirements as set out by our client and by national legislation, achieving high levels of operational efficiency and customer service. They will lead by example, developing and sustaining a culture of high performance standards and personal ownership. The Logistics Manager will drive and sustain operational excellence by leading the deployment of World Class Manufacturing tools engaging and motivating their team to achieve full team participation and continuous improvement.
Promote company Health and Safety, Environmental, and Quality Policies in the performance of the role and ensure compliance in accordance with Company and Statutory regulations and required safety standards. Working with the EHS team, identify and implement continuous improvement changes to practices and procedures that:
- reduce the risk of accident and injury to all stakeholders in the area of responsibility.
- reduce adverse environmental impact by company activities from the area of responsibility.
- Drive customer service improvement through minimisation of delivery, loading and damage failures.
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate the logistics team to ensure optimum performance and commitment to company objectives.
- Responsible for the management of vehicle movements by the Logistics team and all third party suppliers and customers on site.
- Responsible for accurate materials receipt and materials shipment.
- Responsible for the development, measurement and achievement of relevant KPI’s specifically Safety, Operational Efficiencies, Stock Record Accuracy and Customer Service Index performance.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with the Operations, Sales and Finance teams to drive operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
· A professional qualification in Logistics or Management.
· WCM /Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma cert desirable but not essential.
· Proven commitment to safety as the number one priority.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in logistics or operations management, working with multiple stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport with a wide range of individuals and third-party hauliers & customers.
· Demonstrated success in change management within Logistics.
· Ability to quickly establishes credibility and influence.
· A team player with the ability to both lead and participate.
· Proven people leadership and management skills, ideally within an unionised environment.
· Proven determination to succeed and to thrive under pressure.
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Boyle.