- Reference: CJ46468
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Munster, Waterford
- Category: Production
Are you looking for the next move in your career? Our client are looking for candidates who have significant experience in managing supply chain operations, ideally coming from the fmcg/consumer goods sector whom have strong leadership capability.
- Ensuring engagement and meeting commitment on both short and long-term plans in place to mitigate any capacity issues.
- Ensuring effective logistical processes such as Vendor Management, NPI, Artwork and
shipping meet all Quality criteria and are effective.
- Liaison and alignment with regards to suppliers being key partners. Delivery of end to end commitments.
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Responsibilities:
- Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with SOP’s, EHS
standards and guidelines and relevant legal requirements
- Read and understand Standard Operation Procedures applicable to role
- Report all accidents, incidents and any issues using the appropriate process /system to
your line manager or, if required, the Occupational Health Advisor.
- Maintain work area in an inspection ready state and clean as you go to maintain good safe
- Be aware of the impact of your job activities on EHS issues
- Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with the Quality
Management System requirements
- Participate fully in the quality initiatives and ensure that all relevant quality standards
are adhered to
- Maintain GMP standards where appropriate to your role
- Read and understand relevant Standard Operating Procedures and Global Quality applicable
- Management Policies relevant to your job role
- Attend training and complete assessments as required
People Management Responsibilities:
- The scope of responsibility is the day to day management of key customers and
stakeholders. To ensure a positive image for the company.
- Developing Vendor interaction, scheduling, shipping NPI and artwork processes and
supporting the cross functional implementation teams to ensure we meet our
commitments and surpass our customer expectations.
- Always act legally and fairly within the spirit of all laws and regulations.
Encourage high performance with integrity and enhance awareness of and compliance
with policies & procedures.
- Ensure the workplace is safe and free of harassment and bullying.
- Create an atmosphere of respect and trust, in which concerns can be fully raised.
- Demonstrate conviction and take ownership for engaging and communicating with your
- Be a role model for effective Escalation, Ownership and Decisions.
- Deliver excellence through you and your team being the best you can be.
- Empower, Coach and Support all colleagues.
- Permit and Promote only desirable activities and behaviours.
Problem Solving & Innovation:
- A high level of problem solving is required. Vendor management will be key to cost,
risk and routine management, engagement of suppliers will be key to the
- With End to End the remit is that 25-40% of SKUs must have a weekly replenishment
cycle and a 2-week Leadtime, this will require fundamentally different ways of
working in the future.
Experience and Education:
- Third level degree in an appropriate function- Business / Planning
- Previous experience managing a team within a Logistics function ideally within the fmcg/consumer goods sector.
- Significant experience 3-5 years managing a team in both the planning and New Product Introduction areas.
Expected level of application of Knowledge
- Requirement to manage the Vendors, scheduling, Shipping and NPI teams responsible for the planning of all 500 SKUs.
- Required to interact at a senior level with above Category and Regional teams. Presentations and analysis required to be presented to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Ensuring supplier base is aligned with objectives and targets.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Susan on 021 4911065 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!