- Work with Purchasing and Sales to coordinate the inflow of raw material into the plant and the on-time deliveries of finished products to customers in Ireland and mainland Europe.
- Work with the Production Manager and planners, attend meetings ensuring that the required raw materials are fully available at the required time.
- Work closely with our transport and logistics company in conjunction with our suppliers and ensure timely deliveries. Keep them up to date with our logistics requirements daily.
- Establish strong relationship with Customs and Excise to ensure a smooth transition of materials to the plant when arriving from non-E.U. countries.
- Introduce daily delivery schedules for containers of raw materials from Dublin port to the plant and also introduce a daily delivery schedule of containers of finished product to customers.
- Work with shipping agents and customs and excise and ensure all shipping documents and paperwork is correct and any excise or duties payable are paid promptly so as not to delay any deliveries.
- Liaise with Customer Service to ensure all paperwork is in order for the outgoing finished product to fully identify that product being shipped to the customer.
- Attend various internal meetings to support other involved departments and personnel to ensure all targets and forecasts have been met.
- Monitor costs of all aspects of logistics in conjunction with the annual budget and take appropriate action and report to BoD
- Supply monthly reports to BoD and other relevant reports as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2/3 years’ experience in logistics/warehousing/distribution operation
- Knowledge of key warehousing, distribution, logistics and inventory control processes and current best practices.
- A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel (or equivalent), experience in ERP systems is a prerequisite.
- Excellent oral and written communication ability.
- Numerate and accurate, particularly in relation to data entry, document processing and data integrity.