Our client a leading medical device company based in Galway are looking to add a Line Technician to their team as they continue to develop their production lines
The Line Technician is a key function in the successful operation of the manufacturing line. You will be the SME for equipment primarily and support processes within the manufacturing area. You will own the downtime of equipment metric and the product yields. As the Line Technician you will be responsible for maintaining these metrics to target, through effective monitoring and evaluation/analysis of the process and the equipment to ensure optimal product output.
- To take ownership and responsibility for the technical performance/reliability of equipment to target zero downtime in the technician’s area relating to equipment fault through proactive equipment management.
- A mindset of continuous improvement is a must and always working towards this goal in a structured manner.
- Constantly evaluate equipment & process inputs/outputs to ensure optimal visual and functional product performance and take action before it impacts on uptime or yield.
- Complete PMs on time and improve when found deficient to ensure optimal equipment performance at all times.
- Identify requirements for jigs/fixtures to improve work station efficiency or yield improvement and carry through into manufacturing through the approval process with supporting data on the potential gains to be achieved.
- To ensure tooling including mandrels/ trim fixtures etc. are available to the line when required and are in optimal working order and fit for purpose.
- Ensure and maintain a sufficient Kanban & robust process for consumable equipment spares in CER to minimise downtime.
- To support onloading of new technician hires when required.
- The technician must be fully competent in manufacturing product through all work steps and in identifying Accept and Reject samples for all steps. Understand the intended use and the impact of defects on the use of the product or efficacy.
- To continually review the manufacturing process for improper application of work methods and equipment settings.
- Communicate promptly, clearly & effectively at all times, to the Line Lead & Line Support Technician with regard to equipment & process issues with a clear plan for resolution that is data driven.
- Support for maintaining accurate up-to-date documentation for LHR’s MPI’s, Drawings and PM documentation.
- Requires a Diploma/Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Industrial experience in a medical device/pharma background is preferred. Experience with automated equipment desired.
- Very strong technically with a good eye for detail. Excellent trouble shooting & fault finding skills with logical and data driven approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated process and continuous improvemnet mind set
- Excellent time management, orginisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated with good initiative and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong commitment to Quality, safety and GMP standards. E31:E32
For more information and a confidential discussion on the role please contact Jessica Ryan