We are partnering with a leading financial services organisation who are looking to hire Legal Counsel (x3) on a permanent basis due to the growth of their business. In this role, you will provide legal support to the Mortgage Operations team, Commercial Real Estate team and internal contacts to support the delivery of commercial objectives and mitigate company loss through the management of the mortgage legal
recovery process. Great opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation with definite scope for career advancement.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Litigation - Complete all relevant legal documentation relating to Mortgage court cases.
- Make recommendations on cases based on input from external solicitors and internal account reviews
- Conveyancing - Review title deeds to confirm good marketable title
- Compliance through Risk Management - Ensure all tasks are conducted in a manner compliant with all policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Customer Service - Support the business to bring high value, contentious litigation and conveyance cases to a satisfactory settlement and conclusion
- Analysis & Reporting - Lead, Develop, enhance and maintain all reporting and analysis for the team including legal statistic, court case actions / results, legal costs etc.
- Project involvement - Involvement in a variety of projects as directed by Management Team
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Qualified Solicitor (essential)
- 0-3 years PQE with a general practice background
- Relevant legal experience gained in the areas of property and/or litigation.
- Previous experience dealing with Receiverships
- Knowledge of relevant mortgage legislation and industry requirements which may impact across the industry
- Relevant legal experience gained in the financial services sector (desirable)
What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus 6%
- 23 days annual leave per annum plus 3 company days
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Further education scheme
- Career development
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien.