Lean/Continuous Improvement Specialist X3
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Lean/Continuous Improvement Specialist to join a leading pharmaceutical company located in Waterford on a fixed-term contract, with great scope for extension/permanency.
- Partner with Site Director, Site Leadership team, and Site Management teams to define and deploy CI plans targeted to embed the CI culture and GPS skillsets at all tiers of the organization.
- Actively contribute to the (bi-annual or Quarterly) discussion on key site priority areas by providing facts and data as to where there are the gaps / losses vs the site objectives and mid-term site strategy.
- Build the capability to continuously improve the site’s performance in Quality, Safety, Service, Cost and Innovation towards the goal of Zero accidents, Zero defects and Zero waste.
- Align GPS improvements to site strategy and the delivery of business benefit.
- Lead site projects and programmes aimed at improving the CI culture and delivering business benefit.
- Drive effective site engagement and people change management planning with site managers and teams, using ADP principles to deliver sustainable changes to ways of working.
- Transfer expertise and capability in CI culture and GPS standards through training, mentoring in best practices, practical application and coaching their application at the gemba.
- Provide individual development planning and execution for site teams.
- Track and confirm progress of the site’s CI goals and targets as well as alignment of CI goals to strategy deployment targets and site improvement plans.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing environment experience, covering a broad range of activities and operations (e.g. Production, Engineering, Quality Assurance/Logistics / Safety).
- Demonstrated expertise in use of Lean/Sigma (Master Black Belt / Black Belt) to deliver improvement initiatives and/or culture change year on year resulting in both financial and non-financial benefit, and behavioral change.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.