- Reference: CJ47260
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Munster, Tipperary
- Category: Medical Devices
- Supports the Lean program Supervisor on occasion in management of group tasks and activities (such as Business Excellence (BEX) day chair)
- Suggests and develops new initiatives for the organisation that are value added to the business excellence program.
- Leads projects using Lean, 6 sigma or class A tools. Estimates project levels of effort and resource requirements by using standard (or company specific) estimating techniques and tools, and by working with appropriate staff to understand scope of effort.
- Prepares project plans, schedules and budgets by using project management tools and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
- Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
- Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental, customer project status updates and business unit review meetings.
- Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, cross site counterparts and others as appropriate. Supports roll out of projects until fully integrated and handed over to the appropriate group(s).
- Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques.
- Participates in external project management organisations, conferences and seminars to keep current with industry best practices in project management, Lean, 6 sigma or class A by joining professional associations and implementing a professional development plan with focus on business excellence.
- Conducts training where appropriate on tools used in Lean, sigma and Class A.
- National framework of Qualifications (NFQ) level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline. 4+ years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Wide knowledge of Lean technical principles and application of concepts, practices and procedures. Strong understanding of business unit/group functions and cross group dependencies/relationships. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in non-compliance with governmental regulations.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems’ environment.
- Establishes and cultivates an extensive range of internal networks and begins to develop an extensive external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. Must have excellent report writing and presentation skills. May lead a project team of wide scope. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Acts as a mentor to lower level individual contributors. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management on technical and business solutions.
- Plans, organises, and prioritises own daily work routine and non-routine tasks to meet established schedule.
- Exercises judgment in selecting innovative, practical to achieve problem resolution. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause serious delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- May provide limited work direction and guidance to exempt and/or skilled non-exempt levels of employees; may be asked to evaluate performance of and assist in career development planning for subordinates.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!