Role : LEAN MANUFACTURING ENGINEER – MIDLANDS – PERMANENT Opportunity.
Reporting to the Continuous Improvement Manager and joining the company at the start of our lean journey, this role allows you to develop your skills and to help shape our future lean strategy. Responsibilities of this position are to consistently improve the overall efficiency and functioning of the midlands based manufacturing facility. This includes recognizing problem areas, developing improvement plans, executing those plans, providing assistance for employees and analysing results. The Lean Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for execution and support of the continuous improvement initiatives in areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost and the elimination of waste from our processes.
- Daily metric review and attendance of lineside meetings to support team in localised problem solving
- Act as a change agent in the organization by driving change and implementing continuous improvement processes, while utilizing and improving existing methodologies.
- Development and training of standard work
- Facilitate the development of A3 problem solving plans to ensure proper root cause elimination of problems.
- Monitor product and process improvement milestones to ensure on-time completion and sustainability.
- Facilitation and support of Kaizen events and other continuous improvement projects involving production, facilities layout, inventory control, quality, and administrative processes.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to management for new improvements and initiatives.
- Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods, and controls to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
Knowledge & Skills
- Technological skills required with knowledge of operation’s manufacturing software, Microsoft products, including Excel and Word in Windows environment, as well as Minitab
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong team player.
- Time management; ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as prints, order requirements, and equipment specs.
Education & Work Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field required
- More than 1 years’ experience in Continuous improvement or Lean Manufacturing preferred
- It would be an advantage to hold a Lean six sigma green belt with ability to utilise existing skills or develop new skills in the use of Minitab (DOE, ANOVA, Regression analysis for example)
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv to email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!