- Reference: GJ44329
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Reporting to the Senior R&D Manager you will be responsible for developing, planning, controlling the Mechanical and Apparel design activities to meet the department deliverables and business performance expectations.
- Supervise the Mechanical Team: Lead & Mentor the Mechanical team in all design & sustaining activities. Conduct objectives settings and reviews with each member of the group. Work with the R&D manager and/or project engineers to forward planning usage of resources and budget required to meet corporate objectives. Work with the R&D manager to set up training plans for the Mechanical team members.
- Mechanical Design: Delivery of mechanical solutions that meet the requirements of product design teams, marketing, purchasing and manufacturing with respect to packaging, garments, plastic parts and other mechanical components.
- Design Control Documentation: Generate design control documentation in line with the quality system.
- Verification and Validation: Plan and carry out design verification and validation.
- Vendor Support: Technically support implementation of new designs at vendors.
- Industrial Design: Work with industrial designers at the handover stage of concepts and finalise mechanical requirements.
- Supplier Management: Manage all Mechanical and Apparel activities outsourced to external mechanical engineering suppliers. Work with the R&D manager to set up contracts. Establish statement of work, raise POs and ensure that suppliers deliver output according to agreed contract.
- Project Teams: Contribute to multi-functional project teams. Deliver mechanical designs that meet documented goals.
- Recruitment: Lead the recruitment of new staff where a gap has been identified. Contribute to the role profile definition, filtering of CVs, selection of candidates and decision making.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering (Honours) Degree
- 3yrs + experience Medical Devices or/and Consumer Electronics
- 3-D Modeling skills to a high standard (Advanced Surfacing & Assembly skills) – Pro-Engineer/Solidworks required
- Molding &Tool Design Knowledge
- Working Knowledge of the IEC 60601 standard, ISO 13485 and ISO 14971
- Design Knowledge/Experience with wearable/fitness garments & fabrics a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of PLM systems would be an advantage
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org