- Reference: LK46019
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Galway, Limerick
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Title: Lead Engineer, Design and Manufacturing
Location: Clare/ Galway
Our client is looking for a talented Lead Engineer to join their team in a busy Agricultural Equipment Manufacturing facility.
PRODUCT DESIGN, MANUFACTURING, PRODUCTION SCHEDULING, ENGINEERING DRAWINGS, SCHEMATICS
You will be heavily involved in all aspects of engineering including product design, manufacturing, production scheduling, detailed models as well as engineering drawings and schematics. The candidate will also be leader of an engineering team within the company.
- Leadership of a team of engineers and close contact with the production manager to achieve smooth and efficient production while improving systems and developing new products.
- Scheduling of production, organisation and prioritisation of projects.
- Creation and interpretation of detailed models and drawings and use of software in 3D (SolidWorks) to create and modify existing parts/products/assemblies.
- Creation and use of Bills of Materials (BOM’s) for both production and component purchasing.
- Understanding and use of nesting software which creates CAD/CAM codes for plasma cutting.
- Design to build research and design projects for new products and products to complement our existing range.
- Development and maintenance of product and component databases to keep an up-to date and accurate system.
- Minimum 2.2 degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with 2D and 3D software (SolidWorks) and drawings.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of sheet metal and fabrication techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with different disciplines.
- An excellent team player with a positive attitude to learn and develop in a fast moving environment.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience in leadership of an engineering team would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with agricultural equipment/large machinery design and use would be an advantage
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion please call Ben on 061 512270