- Reference: 47214
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin North, Leinster, Meath
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Due to continued growth, my client is seeking to recruit an ambitious and self-motivated Lead Commissioning Engineer. This is a great opportunity to build your professional career by assisting a busy Engineering Department in a leading engineering company and to work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Commission medium voltage switchgear and substations, e.g. protection relays, control and protection circuit, verify and test instrument and current transformers etc.
- Liaise with the project team to schedule timely execution of projects.
- Liaise with customers and contractors to ensure project timelines are achieved and customer expectations are met.
- Reporting of commissioning non-conformances and providing solutions through an Engineering review process.
- Support engineering requirements through managing and liaising with the operation team and clients
- Carry out pre-commissioning and test procedures when applicable and supervise field installation.
- Review of drawings and issue of red line drawings
- Communicate regularly with project team and report all variations for prior approval.
- Carry out work to preapproved method statements and procedures.
- Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
- Ensure all documentation and certification is completed in a timely fashion and checked prior to final handover.
- Adherence to company EHS, quality policies and procedures.
Essential Qualification and Experience
- Strong problem solving skills in a pressurized situation.
- 3-5 years’ Commissioning experience.
- A working knowledge and good awareness of IEC standards, engineering practices and other international standards.
- A working knowledge of I/O + Logic control
- Result Oriented and first class organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, constructive questioning and decision-making ability.
- Proficient in the use of test software packages.
- A hands-on experience of testing multifunction relays using 3 phase + single phase test sets
- A hands-on experience of both primary and secondary injection test sets.
- A hands-on collaborative approach in order to build good working relationship with co-workers and clients.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 09064 78104 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie