- Reference: GJ45494
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
As Lead Automation Specialist you will be expected to provide effective leadership to a team of Automation.
Engineers & Technicians, and manage the project team from design concept to implementation of the automation solution. You will be expected to manage the delivery of all site automation requirements required to support the business through the use of internal and external resources; to develop relationships with external vendors to identify suitable resources that can be utilized to support issues resolution when required; to develop, execute and communicate a site automation strategy looking at long-term issues with support, reliability, redundancy etc, and to develop medium to long-term capital investment plans for site automation systems.
- To provide specialist technical knowledge and project management expertise to the Automations engineering team
- To be responsible for maintaining control of the automation cost within annual budget.
- To lead the Automation team to deliver site automation projects, developing project scope, budget, capital approval and implementation plan
- To manage and develop the staff in the automation engineering department through involvement, delegation, and regular reviews of performance
- To manage and develop the staff in the automation engineering department through involvement, delegation, and regular reviews of performance.
- To work closely with Manufacturing engineering/Product R&D within the organisation , and corporate sites to design/develop future products/processes leading
- To have overall responsibility for implementing capital expenditure projects and budget preparation for the plant.
- To maintain control of financial and human resources of the automation engineering department in compliance with policies and systems
- To develop, establish, and maintain the infrastructure required to achieve conformity to product and servicing requirements ( CE-Mark, ISO13485 )
- To liaise on a cross-company basis with operations, engineering, R&D, marketing, manufacturing staff.
- To make provisions for having Production Engineering Support available to existing Production Processes
- To scope out automations projects with due regard to objectives; need, cost, risk, lead time and resources.
- To identify & implement improvement opportunities on existing processes to include; lower costs, higher efficiency, higher capacity,greater process capability, higher levels of operator comfort & work station satisfaction and greater compliance.
- To manage the installation and qualification of new or additional processes
- To manage the development and delivery of all automation KPI’s in association with plant KPI’s.
- To propose and implement measures for business risk minimization and disaster recovery.
- To maintain an oversight of New Product Introduction to the site and how this can impact on custom equipment requirements.
- To manage the development of concept designs, with estimate of costs, as part of the capital requisition process
- To understand the automation resources skill set and capabilities and to plan the development of the team.
- To provide effective supervision of people which includes headcount planning; recruitment and selection; training & development; timekeeping and attendance; resolution of issues, and timely completion of annual performance appraisals
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Successful candidate must have a track record of success in an engineering environment, an Engineering Degree or equivalent and at least 10 years’ experience in medical device manufacturing environment is required, with at least 5 years at supervisory/managerial level
- A background in machine building, automation, polymer processing, molding is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational ability.
- Track record in project management.
- Strong engineering background with good analytical skills.
- Strong People Management Skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org