Lead Analytical Development Analyst – Limerick
Consider joining a company where people are the most important element in the business. Our client is a leading contract lab that provides testing and also research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to worldwide clients
This position is to join an innovative Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme as an employee. The programme places full-time analysts, technicians, scientists and technical support personnel managed by our client directly at their client facility to provide long term staffing needs while maintaining the same services, expertise and cGMP compliance available at our client facility. This award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track recording in combining excellent technical ability with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
We are currently seeking a Lead Analytical Development Analyst to join their new and exciting PSS group in Limerick.
The role will involve analytical method development and optimisation, transfer and validation, according to regulatory guidelines and troubleshooting analytical issues obtained during method development.
This role is also responsible for leading a small Professional Scientific Services (PSS) team of analytical staff to ensure that the team is operating at the highest quality and productivity standards, have high morale and retention, and the agreed client requirements are entirely satisfied and that client expectations are met or exceeded through effective leadership and quality operational management, under the supervision of the PSS Manager. This person will be a key point of contact for the client on a day-to-day basis.
Experience / Skills
- Develop, evaluate & verify analytical methods across a range of techniques (including HPLC and Dissolution.
- Provide analytical testing across a range of techniques
- Provide analytical support in technical transfers and troubleshooting.
- To develop methods independently and to train in method development.
- Demonstrate problem solving in delivering process and analytical understanding.
- Providing training to other team members as required. Ensuring all training delivered is documented appropriately.
- Development, coaching, motivation, and morale of team members through effective teambuilding and use of reward and recognition systems and celebrating team success.
- Participating in the preparation of and execution of the PAD reviews. Organising and executing regular one-to-ones with your team.
- Participating in the preparation and execution of Team Meetings, with the assistance of the PSS Manager.
- Being the main point of contact for the team and the client in terms of service provision discussions.
- Reviewing and approving all relevant documentation in a timely manner and ensuring that it is communicated, documented, filed accurately, and compliant with the required standards.
- Good understanding of requirements for working in a GMP environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly and to form strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be capable of developing solutions to problems
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- A degree in Chemistry or a related discipline is required with a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a GMP laboratory
- At least 1 years Supervisory experience
- Method development and HPLC testing experience is essential
- Dissolution experience is an advantage
If you wish to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chloe Slingsby