My client is a global organisation and is industry leaders in food microbiology testing. They have just made a presence in Ireland and are now looking for a Microbiology Laboratory Manager for the Newbridge facility.
Laboratory Manager Microbiology
The role of the Microbiology Laboratory Manager will be to provide leadership, establish policies, procedures and goals related to technical/scientific leadership, operational excellence, quality systems improvement, innovation, and method development within the Microbiology Department.
Microbiology Laboratory Manager responsibilities;
• Leadership of the entire Microbiology Department
• Building and creating a high performance team
• Identifying and implementing efficiency and productivity improvements
• Talent development
• Ensures adherence to defined protocols and SOPs
• Ensure safety policies are followed
• Support Sales and Customer Care as a technical expert
• Working with other functions such as Product Management and Research to add new methods in fast and error free fashion
• Continually optimize testing operations to meet customer expectations on speed and quality
• Collaborate with LD on selection, optimization and justification of equipment and all other analytical resources
Microbiology Laboratory Manager requirements;
• Degree in Microbiology, Biology or other related
• 5 years experience as a Lab Manager or Assistant/Deputy Lab manager
• Strong knowledge of Microbiology testing and methods
• Experience in managing 20 + staff
• Experience in processing high volume of samples
• Positive/"can do" attitude
• Knowledge of ISO 17025 and experience in INAB audits - desirable but not essential
**FULL SPEC ON APPLICATION**
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Cornally.