One of Munster's leading Engineering / Fabrication firms is currently seeking to fulfil the role of Senior Mechanical Designer to join our ever-growing team. If you're interested apply today!
As a Mechanical Designer, you will be required to create designs and technical drawings for mechanical devices and equipment. Working closely with the contract Manager, engineers, and other professionals to create and improve manufacturing systems or processes and develop drawings for a wide variety of machines including computers and buildings.
As a Mechanical Designer, you will typically work in an office setting, reviewing specifications and other data to develop mechanical layouts. Some Projects may require site visits, but you will be mainly based in-house at our offices.
Professional / Personal Requirements:
A bachelor's degree in Engineering or relevant technical degree along with 1+ years of supervisory experience is required for Junior mechanical designers. As a Senior mechanical designer, you will be required to possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities of a Junior Mechanical Designer Role:
· Prepare calculations on the proposed Project before completing technical drawings
· Sketch and draw up designs using input from engineers and architects on the team
· Calculate factors like tolerance, dimensions, and thermal and structural analysis
· Create designs in line with company procedure, regulations, and client standards
· Submit drawings to upper management and construction teams
· Use customer feedback and data to upgrade, improve or repair the company's existing machines
· Provide support during the building and installation process, ensuring that the project is built properly and according to design specifications
· Finalize designs and send prints to the production department
Attributes for the Role:
· Qualifications for Mechanical Designer
· 1+ years' experience in an engineering role or related experience
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Deep IT and AutoCAD or CAD knowledge
· Strong computer and mathematical skills
· Experience designing industry-specific products
· Flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change
· Able to work in a team environment
· Self-motivated attitude and the ability to use initiative
If you are interested in this role please contact Andrew O'Neill at