- Reference: CJ46758
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leinster, Wexford
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
- Controls project engineering for existing and new processes: – specification, conceptualisation, design, code development, debugging through to handover to Production and Maintenance Teams. Includes PLC & PC control, HMI/SCADA, closed loop controls of Motion, OEE systems, Robotics etc
- Writing and carrying out design reviews in cross functional teams.
- Assisting in project costing, justification and scheduling.
- Assist in process software validation with documented controls strategies, logic and sequence diagrams, etc.
- Assist with the Automation Machine Build group in new process build, commissioning and implementation.
- Assist with the Maintenance and Engineering Departments in process improvement, analysing, troubleshooting and rectifying underlying causes of product / machine problems.
- Liaise with the Electrical & PLC programming sub-contractors for the supply of controls equipment (FAT on Electrical Panels) and programming solutions.
- Maintain and improve existing controls standards and documentation for equipment manuals and CE Technical Files.
- Assist in the introduction of new products and manufacturing processes, and their implementation in conjunction with lean manufacturing principles.
- Assist in implementing machine and process engineering in co-operation with other sites as necessary.
- Assist in sourcing, specifying and purchasing production controls equipment and components for new or existing systems.
- Assist in the specification and sourcing of alternative controls hardware due to obsolescence of existing hardware.
- Assist production in ramp-up phase of new equipment/processes.
- Liaise with Health & Safety and sub-contractors in the CE marking process of new or upgraded equipment.
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the Automation Department as necessary to execute these responsibilities.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes and project management.
- Experience of working in an FDA regulated environment would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of controls engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
- Working knowledge of any of the following range of PLC types would be an advantage:
- GE Fanuc,
- Schneider Electric
- Experience with any of the following would also be an advantage.
- Vision Systems,
- HMI systems,
- Motion control: servo/stepper drive systems,
- OEE systems (Provideam).
- Knowledge/experience of CE marking requirements for machines would be an advantage.
- Knowledge Electrical Control panels including the reviewing of Electrical Schematics would be an advantage.
- Experience in commissioning and de-bugging new machines/processes.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- College graduate with a degree in Electrical, Electronic, Controls or related Engineering discipline with 1-3 years relevant controls/programming experience.
- Or diploma or trades qualification in Engineering with at least 3 years relevant controls experience.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eloísa Ruiz on 021 4911066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!