The Analytical Chemist will work as part of teams involved in research projects in the advanced manufacturing space. The main tasks of this role will be carrying out testing for the different projects, including materials testing, and developing test methods.
- Develop test methods to test different functionalities on engineered surfaces.
- Run HPLC and UPLC equipment in the lab.
- To run FTIR and UV-Vis spectrophotometers
- Support on testing activities related to the evaluation of sensors.
- Write project reports.
- Ensure that the lab is organised and well maintained
- Support the development of quality documentation
- Provide guidance to other staff and students in own specialist area
- Take part in knowledge-transfer activities, including collaborative meetings with other research groups
- Maintain knowledge and understanding within the field/specialism, transforming and applying knowledge acquired from project to research
- Work with all relevant project teams to deliver project on time and on budget with the required quality level.
- Ensure compliance with each J&J company’s procedures, cGMP, recognised quality standards and regulatory expectation.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Open to travel to support development.
- 1 year experience in a regulated industrial environment
- BSc in chemistry, biology or a related discipline
- 1 years’ experience working in industry
- High level of technical English
- MSc in a scientific discipline, preferably analytical chemistry
- Background in manufacturing engineering
- Project Management Professional with experience managing Research projects
- Process Excellence – Six Sigma Blackbelt certified
- Knowledge of advanced analytics and predictive maintenance
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes on 021-4911066 or email email@example.com