My client are entering an exciting growth phase and have a fantastic opportunity to hire a number of Java Engineers who want to explore the world of innovative software product development within a next generation enterprise platform.
The projects you will get to work on involves both transformation and building new services to be offered to customers. We are looking for team players who wants to be part of this challenging project working in a high performance Agile Engineering team.
You will be creating, modifying and testing code. You will be working within a Software Engineering Scrum Team on innovative projects.
Some of the latest technologies we work with include Enterprise Java, EJB, Microservices, Docker & Kubernetes.
It is expected that you are able to work with agile methodology and handle issues in a manner that complies with the way of working and java design guidelines set out by the Product Owner, Scrum Master and the client.
You will be responsible for developing high-quality java code in an agile environment. Your work will include unit testing and other types of functional and non-functional testing. You will be required to interface with customers and stakeholders and mitigate risk.
What we are seeking:
- A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT or related discipline
- Very strong knowledge of Java and Web Services including REST
- Object oriented analysis & design experience
- Excellent level of English is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Displays knowledge of software design to ensure code is of a high standard.
- Being able to develop solutions for user stories by writing the code and then testing the solution.
- Develops code which is bug free using knowledge of Core Java.
- Debugs applications to find the root cause of issues.
- Experience working with Java/Java EE
- Experience working with Junit, JMeter, Maven, ANT, GIT, SVN, BitBucket, Jenkins etc.
- Analytical skills in order to ensure high standard of the code produced.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, analysis and investigation.
- Fundamental understanding of web-based programming and development systems.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment with scrum software development teams.
- Java Certification such as OCA/OCP/OCM.
- Displays ability to collaborate with other team members in order to reach the best solution to a problem
- Shows ability to prioritise issues during busy periods in order to ensure optimum performance
- Shows willingness to learn from others in order to ensure that solution proposed is the best solution
- Excellent communication skills including active listening, writing and speaking
- Ability to work independently
- The right attitude:
For further information please contact Gillian Nicholson at email@example.com
or call Gillian on 0906478104