Video for this job
Are you a creative Java Developer who finds immense satisfaction in working with innovative products, building the technology of tomorrow that will impact millions of lives? Do you get a rush from having the opportunity to see the entire software lifecycle on-site? Are you an enthusiastic IT professional that also likes to be part of a diverse team, working with people from all over the world? We would love to hear from you.
We’re interested in talking to professionals within Europe or even further away to join a growing team of talented IT professionals very much committed to R&D, developing highly specialized technology used in 4th and 5th generation mobile telecommunications system. This role is Ireland-based.
Our client is a trusted partner to international market leaders in telecommunications and financial markets where it provides digital transformation solutions to elevate their business operation. They’re working on mission-critical software projects for some of the world’s largest technology companies. At the start of 2018, they hired a team of 70 Software Engineers to work on their software campus in Athlone-Ireland.
*** This role is based in Athlone-Ireland. Open to EU and non-EU candidates ***
The role involves:
- Developing web applications, APIs and proofs of concepts.
- Thinking about and improve usability.
- Facilitating automated testing.
- A lean start-up approach to development.
- Latest approaches to software development will be used, including continuous integration, continuous deployment and agile methodologies.
- Fantastic opportunity to work with highly specialized technology.
- Large scale enterprise international team.
- The technology stack is Python, Java Linux AWS.
- On the DevOps side, working with the latest automation tools, Ansible.
- Being part of a self-organizing team.
A successful candidate should demonstrate:
- 4+ years of Java experience.
- Strong core Java experience.
- Test-driven development.
- Experience with application frameworks, like Java EE or Spring.
- Capable of building unitary tests using tools like JUnit and Mockito.
- Proficient use of source control tools e.g. git.
- Experience using build tools, e.g. Maven, Gradle, Ant.
- Experience with Linux is desirable.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with customers and other members of the software development teams.
- The ability to operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from agile, a team of one, to a team of many.
- Interest in container technologies such as Docker.
- Strong track record and the ability to utilize technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in software or engineering.
- Competitive salary.
- Health Insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Continuous Improvement – Partnership with an award-winning higher education institution.
- One-on-one career coaching sessions with IT leadership.
- Experience in mission-critical and publicly available software projects.
- Work with large multinational companies.
- Continuous delivery and DevOps culture.
- Non-political and practical.
- Social atmosphere in a highly collaborative project-based team.
- Flat organizational structure / Flexible time / Paid holidays / Parking / Canteen.
- Strong relocation support.
If this role sounds right for you, I’d love to talk to you immediately.
Please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org