Video for this job
IT Systems Administrator X 2 | Waterford | Contact Aideen Kehoe on 021-4911061 or email email@example.com
- Perform on-site and remote technical support for all UK and Ireland businesses. Provide users with appropriate level of support and advice
- Adhere to KPI’s and SLA’s
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
- Perform daily system monitoring utilising tools made available
- Verify integrity and availability of all hardware
- Direct responsibility of the servers:
- Build, configuration and implementation.
- Ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the servers.
- Patch servers with Microsoft WSUS Critical Updates
- Ensure all systems are updated with the latest Ani-Virus definition files
- Administer, Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP
- Direct responsibility of the local network:
- Participating in the definition of the infrastructure design.
- Ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the systems.
- Ensure adequate support is accessible to the users of the services.
- Configuration of LAN switches, firewall and proxy servers.
- Coordinate WAN connectivity with vendors.
- Ensure all necessary technical support is provided to all internal users and maintain users’ satisfaction in the specific fields of responsibilities.
- Perform daily backup operations (where applicable)
- Ensure integrity of backup media and media is hosted off-site
- Perform regular test restores and DR testing
- The systems under responsibility are:
- Workstation and laptops.
- Files and backup servers. (Physical and Virtual)
- Switches, firewalls and routers.
- BSc in Computer Science or Information Technology, ITIL certified, Microsoft certification, Cisco certification, Experience with NetApp and VMWare
- GXP experience essential for this role
- Experience in validation and support of pharmaceutical laboratory instrumentation and systems
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, supporting a large organisation in a 2nd / 3rd line role
- Minimum 5 years industry experience required
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Kehoe on 021-4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org