Our Client in Sligo is currently looking for an IT Support Engineer. You will be responsible for the provision of technical support for all IT systems, activities, development and administration of plant IT systems. You will be providing the plant IT systems support. You will the primarily managing and implementing projects that affect the manufacturing and LAB including, plant systems, security, workstations, support and IT standards.
- Resolve complex helpdesk issues, requests and utilizes SME, Global IT, Unisys and HP to provide prompt solutions to complex problems.
- Responsible for the data backup, administration/maintenance of the plant systems and infrastructure in line with GMP and data integrity procedures.
- Responsible for the review and approval of systems backups on a daily basis.
- Support of manufacturing and laboratory desktop and server applications.
- Train employees on relevant applications.
- Manage and maintain the network infrastructure.
- Local plant application administration and maintenance e.g. POMSnet, OSI-PI.
- Responsible for local change control and raised CI’s (Configuration item) for assigned plant systems and applications.
- Support, maintain and administer the local isolated network segments (B20 MCN, B40 MCN, Utilities MCN, QC LAB MCN and CCTV network).
- Work with business to support new plant system development hosted on the local isolated network segments (B20 MCN, B40 MCN, Utilities MCN or QC LAB MCN)
- Responsible for monitoring local cybersecurity, OSI-PI NOC and Splunk, Topview notifications and action as required.
- Installation and Operational qualification of network attached equipment.
- Lead and Drive Plant system projects and support Global IT initiatives and projects.
- Diploma in Relevant Computer or Electronics discipline / Bachelors Degree in Degree or equivalent / Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) / Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) / Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- 2 years plus in IT Manufacturing System Support
- 3 years plus in Network Support
- 1 year plus in Linux Support
- 3 years plus of Relevant IT experience
- 4 years total at a minimum.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com.