Video for this job
IT Services & Operations Manager
- Technical Lead for new transitions and projects requiring architectural change.
- Manage the local team and ensure they are working to KPI’s and within SLA’s.
- Ensure local operations do not derail and report back to the line manager on any issues that cause disruption to the business.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support to users and act as an escalation point for then Global Service Desk, Local Team and the business.
- Perform on-site and remote technical support. Provide users with an appropriate level of support and advice;
- Ensure all necessary technical support is provided to all internal users and Maintain users’ satisfaction in the specific fields of responsibilities.
- Perform daily backup operations (where applicable) and ensure the integrity of backup media and media is hosted off-site;
- Work closely with / or act as the Project Manager (depending on size of acquisition) to, ensure all tasks are identified and that each task has realistic timelines allocated to it.
- Contribute to corporate/company-wide projects as required;
- Ensure all reasonable steps are taken to achieve accuracy and reliability of information, in particular reliability of local network and servers;
- Generate specific reports with conclusions with a high level of quality and technical competence with input to the IT Operations & Service Desk Manager on a regular basis on technical guidance, reporting, planning, and budget.
- Setting and compiling targets and providing statistical or other reports.
- Occasional visits to remote sites, or as part of a monthly schedule to partake in local management meetings to better understand and serve the business
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Qualifications that will give you an advantage:
- ITIL certified
- Microsoft certification
- Cisco certification
- Experience with NetApp and VMWare
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Ability to complete tasks and take ownership of them.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen on 021 4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org