Our client, a wholly Irish-owned IT services company is looking to add an IT Service Engineer to their team on a permanent basis. Offering a comprehensive range of IT support solutions, their client base is primarily small to medium businesses, schools, colleges, and universities and their services include server installation and virtualisation, backbone infrastructure design and implementation, PC/Laptop repair, structured cabling.
In this role you will offer more than just an IT solution; you offer a partnership whereby every service is tailored to their customers’ individual IT requirements. You will also work closely with recognizable multinational IT dealers such as Microsoft, Symantec, Dell, and Cisco, to strategically plan, integrate, implement and support technical solutions. This is a positive working environment where you have great opportunities to learn and develop your career.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- 2 years minimum experience in the field.
- Strong Windows Server knowledge
- Exchange Server knowledge
- Strong knowledge in Active Directly, Group Policy, DNS etc.
- Strong virtualization experience, Vsphere / Hyper V
- Experience using shared storage in a virtualization environment.
- Ability to manage projects efficiently and see through to completion.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Good working knowledge and experience in the configuration of NAT/PAT, ACL’s, VPN.
- Experience with one or more of the following vendors, Sonicwall, Cisco, Juniper, HP
- Working knowledge of switching and routing, VLAN’s, LAG’s, ACL’s, LLDP an advantage
- Good understanding of fundamentals of 802.11 wireless an advantage
- MCSE Qualification an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Jason O'Flaherty.