Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for an IT Network Administrator with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a 23-month contract position.
The IT Network Administrator will be part of the IT Infrastructure Team. This is a very hands-on role to provide advanced network and server support. Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager they will be responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations of the Company’s network, hardware and software and other related systems.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Managing Network switching, routing and Wifi using Cisco and Juniper technology
- Monitoring and managing the Firewall perimeters using Palo Alto firewalls or similar technology
- Providing day to day support for troubleshooting network issues and conducting root cause analysis
- Deploying and maintaining of network monitoring, vulnerability scanning, analysis and reporting tools such as New Relic and Nessus
- Deploying and updating software, imaging of desktops and security patching via SSCM.
- Administer key Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Azure, group policies, SCCM, PowerShell, Office 365, Exchange, Windows Server (2008, 2012,2016), Windows 10, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business Online, Teams, Enterprise Mobility + Security products and technologies, on-premise Exchange
- Working experience with Automation tools such as Ansible, puppet or chef
- Managing and Support virtualization technologies (VMware VSphere 6.5 and ESXi Servers)
- Provision servers using templates and best security practices
- Engages in new systems evaluation, planning, deployment and support
- Managing cloud (Office365) and physical network storage (SAN)
- Conduct Disaster Recovery to ensure operational capability
- Keeps the leadership team informed with regular reports
- 3rd level IT related qualification
- 5 years’ prior experience/technical knowledge in Server Administration/support (Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and higher, Microsoft 365 -Windows 10 Enterprise, VMWare VSphere 6.5, Data storage appliances, Networking;
- Demonstrated advanced experience in Office365 cloud, networking and windows infrastructure
- Demonstrated relevant experience of managing enterprise architecture activities and ongoing support for projects specific work
- Previous experience working in a Regulated Financial Services environment
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270