We have a new opening with our client based in Roscommon. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of Irelands leading Cloud Service Providers specialising in Cloud Technologies.The IT Infrastructure Engineer will deliver technical solutions and support for their customers allowing them to maximize their investment in Information technology. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success implementing and supporting technology based solutions.
Building upon solid IT project experience relative to their level, the successful candidate will work with customers in:
Supporting the delivery of high quality Infrastructure solutions and technologies in diverse client environments.
Provide operational and administrative support to existing clients both remotely and onsite
Act as technical advisor to the client.
Implementing cloud based solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- Solid IT Support background end user support within an IT environment as part of responsibilities
- Experience in the design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed users (i.e. having responsibility for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- Experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
- Experience working on IT deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- Understanding of IT Computing Technologies, Business Drivers, and emerging computing trends such as Cloud, Hyperconverged
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure including server, cloud, networking, Virtualization, identity, security and storage.
- Understanding of how to install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Experience with Windows and associated Microsoft technologies
- Experience with security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems
- VMware experience and working in a virtualized environment
Non Technical Skills Required:
- Building Customer/Partner Relationships
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- Prior work experience in a Service delivery and support position within a software and/or services company
- Attention to detail and good problem solving skills
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
Technologies we use:
Microsoft Azure, VMWare, SAN, firewalls, PowerShell, Windows Server, Networking, Wireless Technologies, Hyperconverged HPE SimpliVity, VoIP, ProLiant Servers and HPE storage
For further information on this opportunity please send your CV for the attention of Gillian Nicholson to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gillian for a discussion on the role