Video for this job
- Leading a team of onsite support engineers
- Responsible for answering the service desk phone and classifying and assigning new tickets.
- Provide phone, desk-side and remote support to users, including resolving hardware and software
- Adhering to KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Set up, configure and install new PC’s and associated equipment in accordance with company
- Provide 1st/2nd line support for desktop, server and network infrastructure equipment.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
- To partake in any developmental training as required in compliance with the company standard.
- Responsible for promoting a professional image of the company and for complying with the company’s Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies at all times, including work related events which take place outside normal working hours.
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Security Regulations.
- Read and comply with company rules, procedures, agreements and any notices displayed by the company throughout your location.
- Participate in covering the service desk from 0800hrs to 1800hrs as part of a shift rota.
- You may be requested to work out of hours and no compensating leave.
- Occasional weekend work for projects.
- You may be requested to participate in an on-call/standby service outside office hours.
- Prepare technical proposals for improvement together with line manager.
- Creation of working documentation in the form of SOP’s and FAQ’s.
- ITIL certified, Microsoft certification
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) accreditation
- MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician)
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- In depth knowledge and experience of supporting Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10 Pro.
- Strong hardware support skills, including maintenance of PC’s, printers and other associated equipment
- Experience of basic Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 administration, including AD user creation, password administration etc.
- Microsoft Exchange/Outlook client.
- Strong Microsoft Office support skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to work alone and also as part of a team.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own work.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar support role.
- Adhering to SLA’s and meeting KPI’s
- A+, Server+ or similar accreditation.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen on 021 4911061 or email email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!