We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Engineer Laboratory Systems This person will be responsible for the successful execution of all the AIS activities supporting Quality and Laboratory information systems and will lead the implementation of new Quality and Laboratory information systems.
- Act as an Information Systems Analyst supporting Quality and Laboratory information systems. Ownership and administration of the IS aspects of Lab equipment – including analytical equipment platform architecture, system ownership and lifecycle management.
- Lead and support system improvements, development of detailed specification and standard operating procedures.
- Lead technical root cause analysis, incident investigations and troubleshooting issues related to the Quality and Laboratory information systems.
- Support new technology introductions by performing IS assessments and implementing IS system configuration changes.
- Solving complex problems, project management, lifecycle management and operational excellence. Develop and manage change control requests per established SOPs and processes.
- Support cyber security initiatives – tracking and scheduling the deployment of OS Patches
- Perform all duties in accordance with GMP requirements, SOPs and controlled documents
- Computer Science, IT Degree or B.Eng or B.Sc in Engineering, or relevant science discipline is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting Quality and/or Laboratory Information Systems in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries or has worked in similar Laboratory environments and has gained expertise in the use of Laboratory information systems.
- Experience in change control, non-conformance, corrective and preventative actions, and validation practices.
- Experience with Empower CDS, LMES, Sample Manager LIMS, Laboratory Analytical Equipment and instruments will be an advantage.
- Experience of day-to-day vendor management and contract negotiations with focus on Quality and/or Laboratory information systems suppliers
- Ability to master, with minimal support, new IS technologies and processes
- Ability to ensure compliance with practices, policies, procedures, legal requirements and site objectives and goals.
*Full job spec available upon request*
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Gillian Nicholson
090 6450665 (01 6620088)