Our client based in Sligo require an IT Business Analyst for a 9-month contract. Reporting to the IT Manager, the Business Analyst will work on a number of different projects in the healthcare sector.
- As part of the project delivery team, manage business requirements and process mapping across the business units using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, scenarios, business analysis, and workflow analysis concepts.
- Identify, document and manage the needs and requirements of the business and other stakeholders by liaising directly with business users and process owners in order to understand and prioritise business requirements
- Analyse requirements and collaborate closely with stakeholders/developers/suppliers and create the detailed Functional Design and Process Design documents to support project delivery.
- Assess capability gaps, identify relationships and dependencies between new and existing systems and evaluate proposed solutions against enterprise architecture principles and objectives
- Assist the business in determining which requirements and processes can be made more efficient, automated, simplified, eliminated, etc.
- Produce appropriate documentation to ensure understanding and facilitate sign-off by using Plain English, diagrams, process flows and scenarios, etc.
- Provide necessary guidance on business requirements and design documents to the development team and user acceptance test team
- Create, update and maintain consistent design patterns and decisions across the organisation
- Develop business analysis communication and requirements management plans, participate in and potentially lead design planning meetings and work with project managers to define the business analysis tasks for a project.
- Work with the project manager and project team to ensure that acceptability criteria are being met and to manage scope creep and change requests.
- Support best practice by introducing new business analysis tools, document templates and checklists for the team
- Support and participate in multiple projects of varying type and complexity, drafting and updating relevant documentation as required
- Work full project lifecycle involving both Waterfall and Agile development approach
The ideal person:
- 5 years + Business Analysis skills
- Strong IT background
- Strong Communication and Stakeholder Management skills.
For a detailed discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins,