The IS Business Analyst (EMEA) will be an expert in Order to Cash and related business processes and ensure full utilization of related modules of ERP and related Application Systems to align with changing business needs in a Global setting. Becomes a key member of evolving Global Support team. Understands and documents complex Business Processes. Designs solutions and defines Functional Specifications acting as a liaison between business and technical teams. Prepares training material and conducts user trainings. Prepares Test plans, test scenarios and ensures successful UAT. Champion of business users’ IS requirements to provide systems support in their day-to-day operations as well as medium to large scale implementation projects.
Collaborates with others to seek solutions to technical or functional issues. Seeks new knowledge and best practices to implement on projects/assignments/technologies. Open to innovations. Able to work independently or under the technical supervision of a Senior Analyst or Analyst.
- Assists in documenting user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods
- Analyzes and troubleshoots complex issues across multiple application systems to ensure successful resolution
- Ensures adherence to standardized processes utilizing ERP system of out-of-the box functionality
- Helps research alternatives to satisfy the user requirements
- Helps translate user requirements into clear and accurate functional and technical specification documentation
- Helps with the testing and validation of new standard or customized solutions or processes
- Works with users on post-project training, issue troubleshooting & resolution and documentation to ensure a successful adaption of solutions
- Adheres to Change Management standards and SDLC best practices
- Understanding of Segregations of Duties as they apply to US based publicly traded companies in adherence to Sarbanes Oxley laws
- Engagement with multi-stake stakeholders
- Consistently meets agreed upon SLA goals and KPIs in supporting global user community.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, in Computer Science or a Business-related field. Equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- Experience working with the ERP Systems or applicable completed coursework. Infor LN, SAP, or other large ERP/CRM systems exposure is a huge plus
- Possesses excellent customer service, communication and presentation skills with geographically spread-out users and IS teams
- Understanding of Sales Order management, Pricing & Discounts, Contract Management Distribution concepts is required
- Exposure in a regulated industry is a huge plus
- Basic understanding of EDI Data transfer protocols; knowledge of System Integration, Data Warehouse is a plus
- Business Intelligence concepts, data analytics such as Tableau or Alteryx and data troubleshooting skills are desired.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. Experience in writing SQL Queries is a plus but not necessary
- Fluency in both written and verbal English is essential
For more information on the role and a confidential discussion on the company please contact Chris O Toole