- Reference: 46041x
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Leinster, Nationwide
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
My Client, a government funded organisation has experienced significant growth over the past 12 months and now are now seeking to recruit an Internal Auditor to work in their Compliance, Audit and risk Department on a 12 month maternity contract. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to join an expanding organisation based in Dublin City Centre.
Purpose of the Role:
- Confirming the probity of grant claims and ensuring that all monies are spent for the purpose intended, as appropriate
- Verifying the reality and eligibility of the expenditure reported
- Reconciling non-financial information submitted to the source documented maintained by beneficiaries
- Confirming the existence of best practice in relation to financial records, internal controls and corporate governance.
The successful applicants will also be required to conduct routine verification visits, which involve reporting to a separate Unit Lead within the Compliance, Audit & Risk Department.
- Reviewing the accounting systems and related internal controls of the beneficiaries
- In-depth examination of all records underpinning grant payments to beneficiaries
- Assessing the eligibility and classification of all monies spent by beneficiaries to ensure they comply with the terms and conditions attached to the relevant funds
- Reviewing the implementation of the policies and procedures as specified by the provider of funds i.e. Government Departments, EU, Philanthropic Organisations, etc.
- Conducting and/or assisting with identified risk audits
- Preparing comprehensive reports and management letters in a timely manner which incorporates all the audit/verification findings as well as a series of conclusions and/or recommendations.
- Conducting meetings during the course of the audit/verification where appropriate
- Monitoring budgets/programme of activities against actual expenditure of the beneficiaries and highlighting any significant variances
- Maintaining detailed audit working papers and operating relevant ICT systems / portals
- Follow-up and review of audits/verifications to ensure key issues raised are brought to a satisfactory conclusion
- Identifying, communicating and following up any internal issues arising from audits/verifications
- Ability to determine when escalation is required on significant issues identified
- Identifying areas for achieving better efficiencies to existing work practices and formulating improvements as necessary
- Preparing routine and tailored reports on key issues, outcomes, etc. for external stakeholders such as lead departments, the C&AG, the Gardaí, etc. as appropriate
- Assistance with corporate duties, i.e. risk management and internal audit.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Self-driven with a proven track record of achievement and an ability to guarantee quality and accuracy
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, programme databases, SharePoint portals, etc.
- Evidence of producing high quality reports and written materials
- Strong financial management experience and knowledge.
- Professional recognised accounting qualification. Applications from other candidates with good academic backgrounds plus significant relevant experience of auditing grant claims and / or forensic accounting may also be considered
- Full driving licence and provision of car for business purposes.
- Previous experience of conducting in-depth financial checks, e.g. forensic accounting, collation of data based on incomplete records, etc.
Knowledge of the community/voluntary/public sector Knowledge of EU & Government accounting regulations
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!