- Reference: CJ45044
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Our client is currently seeking to add to their Internal Audit Team. Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, this is an excellent opportunity for those wishing to pursue a career in industry with distinct career progression opportunities. As an Internal Auditor, you will gain exposure to the many different types of businesses within the company. You will have the opportunity to work regularly with senior management, recommend improvements to company processes and systems and get invaluable exposure to corporate governance and risk management.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Individually, or working as part of a team, carry out strategic, operational and compliance audits.
- Develop audit scopes and programs.
- Conduct internal audits to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls and procedures.
- Design and perform audit procedures and prepare working papers.
- Recommending improvements for the effectiveness of controls and governance processes.
- Preparing audit reports and presenting audit findings and recommendations to auditees and senior management.
- Monitor the timely implementation of the management actions recommended.
- Identify key areas of risk within the organisation and propose appropriate controls to mitigate the risks.
- Facilitate the Risk Management process.
- Assist the development of an internal control culture.
- Contribute to the development of the Internal Audit function.
- Carry out adhoc project work.
- Limited business travel will be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Candidates with internal audit experience.
- Ability to comfortably build relationships with a range of customers including senior management and move easily between your role as a team player and audit lead as the work requires.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical and computer skills.
- Strong report writing skills are essential to produce high quality solution focused reports for our Senior Customers, Executives and Board Members.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Fluency in English is essential.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael on 021 4911062 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!